For pet owners, in-home pet sitting provides a unique alternative to boarding facilities or relying on family or neighbors to check on pets. Pet sitters come to the home daily and pets are able to keep their regular routines for meals, walks, medication and one-on-one care and attention. Many pet sitters offer the option of daily pet visits and/or overnight pet care, depending on the owner’s specific needs. Owners report that their pets experience less stress and adjust better to their owners’ absence when the pets remain in their normal environment.
For the pet benefits include:
- Staying at home in his/her safe, secure environment
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency with the pet or home
- Eliminating the trauma of travel or an unfamiliar environment
- Ensuring good health (no exposure to other animals’ illness or parasites)
For the owner benefits include:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands
- Having the confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues – such as grooming, vet visits
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out several times a day and/or overnight care.)
Once you’ve decided to allow your pets to stay in the comfort of their own homes, your next step in to find a qualified pet sitter that provides you, your home and pets the care. Here are a few tips to consider;
- Does the pet sitter offer a consultation to meet with you and your pets?
- Did you receive a list of client references?
- Does the pet sitter feel like a good ‘fit’ for you and your pets?
- Do they have commercial liability insurance and a crime bond?
- Is there a written agreement of the terms of services and specific care instructions for your pets and home?
- Do they have an emergency back up plan in case they are unable to full fill their responsibilities of your pets care?
Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved pets. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again!
Affinity Pet Services, LLC offers high-quality pet sitting, dog walking, dog training and many other services. You will have peace of mind knowing that your pets are being well cared for, given special love and attention by professional, compassionate pet loving people.